We help to finance events such as:
- Presentation Evening – cadet tickets fully subsidised
- Annual camps – we subsidise a percentage
- Non-cadet activities – eg. bowling evenings, climbing wall day etc.
- Cadets Christmas party at Squadron – paid for in full
- Funds have also been raised for the purchase of adventure training and computer equipment
To do so, we organise a variety of fundraising events throughout the year, typically:
- Bag packing – performed by the cadets under staff supervision
- Helping out at local events – e.g. Tollerton Village Event
- Rempstone Steam Rally – running book stall and wine/water
These are just a few examples of our contribution to the Squadron. Of course, none of this would be possible without a lot of hard work by our Committee members, which is a small and friendly group, mainly made up of the parents of the cadets, former cadets, or those with historical connections to the Squadron. We always welcome new members and would appreciate offers of extra help, even if you cannot commit to regular or long-term assistance.
Why not come along to our next committee meeting? We are always looking for fresh fundraising ideas!
For further enquiries please contact us on 0115 9812825 or email us via our Contact section.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our work.